Questions about Shelter in Place? Here is a very helpful FAQ on the Health Officer order to Shelter in Place issued by the City of Berkeley.
Key Information and resources for all businesses:
- The Berkeley Chamber’s comprehensive page of government resources and financial assistance
- City of Berkeley COVID-19 main page
- SBA Loans: Learn more here. To improve your chances of getting approval for your loan request, connect now with an Advisor at the Alameda County Small Business Development Center (SBDC) for free assistance with the application.
- Federal Relief Package: Check out the Small Business Owner’s Guide to the CARES Act on the U.S. Senate website now to learn more.
Berkeley Relief Fund - Local funding and support
- APPLY HERE ASAP: Applications for the first round of Continuity Grants are open from 3/30 to 4/6 for small businesses
- SUPPORT: The 2nd round of grants will be supplemented by the fundraising efforts for the Berkeley Relief Fund. Please help by promoting the fund with our Media Tool Box
Free Marketing - What’s Open in Berkeley?
Visit Berkeley is providing free marketing for businesses that are open for online purchases, Take-Out and/or Delivery services. See: “Take Out. The New Dine In”
SEND INFO: can email Jeffrey Church, firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Business Name
- Phone and Email
- Information of services that are being offered (eg. curbside pick-up, delivery etc.)
- Links to website or social media (Facebook, Instagram, etc)
- 1-3 photos
Open businesses should also add their info on the google form on Chamber’s Covid-19 Resources page, as this page is business-facing and useful for OED and City leaders.
Stay up to date:
- Sign up for the TBID Newsletter
- Subscribe to Berkeley Office of Economic Development alerts
- Official COVID-19 news and instructions from the City of Berkeley here.
- California Department of Health's updates and monitoring efforts.
- UC Berkeley's official page for updates and assistance
- Alameda County Coronavirus updates.
- Berkeley Lab status site.
- AC Transit updated services.
Stay safe and follow the recommended preventative steps:
- CDC frequently asked questions.
- Everyday precautions to take.