Berkeley is part of a six-county order to Shelter in Place in the Bay Area. Here is a very helpful FAQ on the Health Officer order to Shelter in Place issued by the City of Berkeley.
The SBA made a disaster declaration for Alameda and other counties. Apply here NOW for homeowners and renters.
Additional resources for financial aid:
- The Employment Development Department information on insurance and financial aid.
- Information on paid sick leave and the COVID-19.
- For Bartenders, bar-backs, and cocktail service please click here for relief efforts.
- Additional resources have been outlined by the SF Chronicle on where to seek financial help.
Stay up to date with new information:
- Official COVID-19 news and instructions from the City of Berkeley here.
- California Department of Health's updates and monitoring efforts.
- UC Berkeley's official page for updates and assistance
- Alameda County Coronavirus updates.
- Berkeley Lab status site.
- AC Transit updated services.
Stay safe and follow the recommended preventative steps:
- CDC frequently asked questions.
- Everyday precautions to take.
- View updates from the City’s Health Officer
Most information on this page is reiterated from the Berkeley Chamber of Commerce special resource page for COVID-19.